Sunday 28 April 2013

Eyebrow makeover

I am having some trouble getting started on my Creative Writing assignment, so I decided to procrastinate by reshaping my eyebrows. I used to pluck them to death into two tiny stripes, but the past two years or so I had pretty much just let them grow into their natural shape and only plucked a few stray hairs. They had been bothering me a little lately though, the shape just wasn't quite right and they were looking kind of boring to me. So I spent the entire day browsing (haha BROWsing) beauty blogs and pinterest photos to get some inspiration, and I decided that what I wanted was just eyebrows that were pointy but not too thin. So I plucked and pencilled away and there they are :D They could be a little bit more even, but I will hopefully get used to the shape and be able to draw them more perfectly.


 As most people who know me will confirm, I loooooove make-up and can talk about it for hours (luckily I have a girlfriend and a bff who share this obsession) so here are some products that I like:


1. Sleek Storm palette. This is one of the best things I've ever bought, all of the colours are just gorgeous and you can use it for simple every day looks as well as more dramatic ones. I plan on buying their Original palette as well before I have to leave the UK aka Land Of Amazing Make-up Brands.

2. Hema Foundation, shade 01. (Hema is a Dutch department store where I used to work, they do loads of really good reasonably priced make-up). I have a hard time finding foundation that I like because my skin is extremely white and anything that's too dark will make me look like a complete idiot, but I also don't want to look even paler. This Hema one in the lightest shade is not too thick so my actual skin can shine through a bit.

3. Barry M Lip Paint, Sunset (shade 151). I love coral lipstick because it's slightly more original than plain red and it matches my extreme paleness a bit better. Barry M is another UK brand that I will miss terribly next year and I plan to buy as much of it as possible in the next two months.

4. Rimmel Extra Super Lash mascara. I could never really settle on a mascara, each one I tried was a little too lumpy, not thick enough or it'd get all over my face. But then Cécile recommended this one and it is seriously fantastic. If want my lashes to be, as someone on tumblr put it, 'as black as my soul and as long as the list of people I hate', and this mascara is perfect for that worthy goal.

5. Topshop kohl pencil. This is a really good pencil, it's not too soft and it stays on really well without going all over the place. Also it looks cute with the polkadots :D

6. Barry M Liquid Eyeliner. To be honest this isn't a perfect eyeliner as it could be a bit blacker. I usually need to layer it a little to get my cat-eye stripe to be perfectly black, but it does stay on pretty well and dries quickly enough, and I haven't been able to find one I like better yet.

7. Maybelline Dream Touch Blush, shade 05. I love this blusher! It's the perfect colour and if you blend it well enough it looks just like natural rosy cheeks. It looks like a tiny pot but I've bought it last August and it is not even nearly half empty and I use it almost every day.

8. Etos Eyebrow Pencil, shade 002. The only eyebrow pencil I've ever been able to find that has just the right touch of ginger to match my hair. Etos is a Dutch drugstore that does pretty good make-up, their moisturising lipsticks are also really awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment