Monday 16 September 2013

Moving Into My Dream House

A bit over a month ago I logged in on Woningnet, just to see which houses were on this week. I've done that loads of times before, never with the intention to actually apply for them. This time though, there was a little ground floor house with a garden in the city centre. It was hard to tell from the pictures what it actually looked like, and the description only focussed on the negative things like the lack of sun, but I immediately knew this was my house. I applied and ended up in the first position, meaning that if I wanted the house I could have it. But then I got an email saying there had been a mistake, and the house wouldn't be available. I struggled to understand this as surely it was my house?
The next week the house was listed again, and I applied. I ended up in the number 2 position. When me and Cat went to view the house, there was no doubt left for me, this was my house, our house, the house we were going to live in together. Fate seemed to agree with me, and the lady who was number 1 chose another flat in the same street on the 3rd floor. Cat pointed out that I basically described this exact house in a blog post I wrote last year.
I got the keys last Thursday, and have started painting immediately. I will blog about the progress, so expect me to turn into an insufferable interior blogger for the next few months.

I only have semi-shit phone pictures to show now, but I'll take some better pictures when I've put the floor in on Saturday.


 Living room. I am not sure yet which colour to paint the windowsill and the door.


My bookcase will fit right in that little corner :)


I have a slidey door! It looks like this now:



A brand new kitchen had just been put in, and it really didn't look bad at all but I am a huge perfectionist when it comes to my house so I painted everything and turned it into this:


Turquoise and tangerine with light blue walls! (The tangerine was Cécile's idea, doesn't it look amazing?)

 
It will look beyond amazing once I've put all my stuff in there and add the black and white checkerboard floor






 
And finally my beautiful garden. It needs some tender loving care, but I have a TREE. And actual piece of nature, all to myself! I'm planning on putting in loads of succulents, and to grow some of my own vegetables and spices. Eventually I will put up a shed/garden house in the little corner but that is a plan for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment