Saturday 12 October 2013

It Is Almost A Real House Now

The house is coming together nicely! I have been very busy decorating, painting and assembling furniture, there is still loads more to do but I am enjoying it :) I still haven't got round to taking actual good quality pictures of the house, but I made a collage of some of the ones I took on my phone.


 Left to right: 

1. Wrapping paper from Paperchase I used to line the inside of my kitchen cupboards

2. Kitchen window with flowers my mum got me (from their garden!)

3. Sofa cover, I went for off-white instead of pink in the end

4. Curtain between the living room and bedroom, you can't see the leaf print very well but it looks amazing!

5. The table! I love it so much. It folds out twice as big as this. The little stool is also new, the colour fits perfectly with the rest

6. Wardrobe. I bought it from a charity shop, it was dark brown wood which was super depressing so I painted it mint with coral details :)

7. Book case and birdie chair. This isn't new stuff, I've had these things in my old flat for ages but they look so much nicer now that they have more space

8. Owl-shaped drawer knobs I found in Paperchase. I love them so much.

9. Teapot that I bought today at the Emaillekeizer on the Albert Cuyp market :)

10. Lamp in the corridor

11. Fabric for the living room/kitchen curtains :D I had been struggling to decide on a fabric for a few weeks, I thought a plain colour would make the house too serious but at the same time I didn't want to a print I might get tired of. These retro trees have a bit of a Scandinavian design feel about them which is exactly what the house needs

12. And what will truly make my house a home, my girlfriend who I have known for exactly a year and two days today :)

2 comments:

  1. omg you are so cute <3 the house is looking beautiful!! you have made everything so lovely! :D

    ReplyDelete