Friday 25 January 2013

An ode to my friend Cécile


The daily blogging has so far brought about two changes: 1. my pageviews have skyrocketed, and 2. I procrastinate on something that I love to do. I just realised that it was getting rather late, and that I needed to write something. So I decided to write about my friend Cécile.  

I met Cécile in the first week of university, September 2010. I didn't really like her, she seemed overly enthusiastic about reading a poem in class in a slightly fake English accent. But then a few days later she sat in front of me in a lecture and wore a Franz Ferdinand top. Now, she is the first person I talk to about literally anything. 

Awesome things that happened involving Cécile:

- In the aftermath of a rather sexually confusing party, we went on a road trip through Amstelveen and had Chinese take away in front of Patty Brard's house. We then slept in my childhood room in Uithoorn and read magazines from the early noughties all morning. What you don't understand is that this was awesome because it was with Cécile.

- She is the kind of person who sends me this for my birthday.

- She has a furry black coat called The Monster. 

- We once painted our faces like Mexican skulls and tried to get into Jesters but it was full so we went to Sobar and danced with straight gay men and then when we went home I fell into a ditch full of nettles and she had to ask two random Asian people to help pull me back out.


- She once let me help her bake chocolate banana bread to eat on our holiday to France to cheer me up on a shitty day. It was a nice moment.

- We formed an 80s disco DJ team with Eva called the Damsko Disco Dolls and then had an 80s party as an excuse.

- Sometimes she tells people that she hates them and then pretends it's a joke when it's actually true. It confuses everyone. 

-This is (probably) the first photo of us together. In a phonology seminar. 

1 comment:

  1. this is an unconventional haiku i wrote for you just now:

    i love you
    also i'm slightly drunk
    goodbye

    ReplyDelete