Tuesday 17 September 2013

What Will Go Inside My Dream House

Luckily I already own quite a lot of furniture even though I've lived in tiny flats up until now, I have a beautiful double bed, an enormous bookcase, a sofa, several chairs and tiny tables and cabinets etc, but the new house still demands a few new things.

First of all I needed to pick out a floor. I decided to go for lino as it'll be easy to keep clean and it comes in pretty prints. For the livingroom/bedroom I picked this wood print. I really like the different colours of wood, I want to avoid having the house look too neat and polished.
I've always wanted a kitchen with a checkerboard floor! This one is so perfect. I'm also going to put this in the corridor.  
 Obviously a new house also asks for a trip to Ikea. I have an Klippan sofa that my parents gave to me when they bought a new one, it currently has a black cover which I do not hate but think is a little bit too dark for what I want to do with the house, so I'm considering this pink cover. I am still not sure though, I have to see it in real life. Would it be completely ridiculous?

One thing I really need to buy is a proper table. Because the house is quite small I'm going to go for this adorable fold out Ingatorp.
There is no wall between the livingroom and bedroom, so I've decided to divide them with a curtain in this pretty leaf design. Cat had the amazing idea to dip-dye it. I'm not sure which colour I'll use for that, I'll have to wait until I've moved in to see what will fit.


No comments:

Post a Comment