Monday 21 January 2013

I care more about shoes than I do about people

First day of the daily blogging! I wanted to write about fashion and then I found this thing where you're supposed to post pictures of specific things every day but it is impossible for a commitment-phobe like me to actually finish those things so I just randomly picked a few.

A cute outfit of yours: 


 Top: Primark Jacket: H&M Skirt: Primark Beret: H&M

I bought the top and the skirt last week when I went into town to buy an electric blanket and could not resist the pull of the almighty Primark. I haven't actually worn this outfit yet as I spent all of my time inside due to the snow but there's finally some night out coming up!


A piece of clothing or jewellery that was a gift: 



I got this dress for Christmas from my mum. I love how the bright blue clashes with my hair.


An article of clothing you like but don’t wear often enough:



I bought this AMAZING top at the fleamarket in the IJ-hallen in Amsterdam for only a few euros, it must have been about a year ago because it was snowing really badly and after the market we went to a café and spent the entire day there drinking hot chocolate. I've worn it to Lisa's glamrock party, and I think one other time also with Lisa when I was dressing up as Ola Salo. I will definitely wear it again VERY SOON. It deserves it.


Shoes you love but hardly wear:


 I bought these shoes in Paris, which sounds fancier than it was because they're from H&M. First I thought they were really weird, in a cool way, then I tried them on and decided they weren't really all that weird and were actually just simply divine and they made me feel like I was in Velvet Goldmine so I needed to buy them. The only reason I haven't worn them that much is there hasn't been an opportunity! I've worn them once to the Rocky Horror Picture Show participation night in Paris, but soon they will need to be taken on some other dirty glamorous outing.

Bonus:



Another insane pair of shoes! a few months ago I became obsessed with inward-curve heels so I bought this pair from Missguided. I have never worn them... I do think they're amazing and they will definitely get their moment to shine soon. After I learn how to, you know, keep my balance in them. THEY DO NOT HAVE A HEEL.



Your favourite pair of shoes:



 THAT'S LIKE MAKING A MOTHER PICK HER FAVOURITE CHILD! But it has to be my Litas. I was literally in love with Jeffrey Campbell Litas for over a year before I bought these babies, I looked at pictures of them online every day and talked about them to a lot of people who do not give a shit about expensive impractical shoes. Then I went on a uni trip to Edinburgh, and completely unsuspecting I took a walk through the highstreet with my friends. And then we went into Office. AND THEN I SAW THEM. Actual Litas, in real life. I tried them on 'just to see how they would feel', but I knew the moment my feet were in them that they were meant to be mine. 


A very lucky find:


This may not seem like an especially lucky find because it's just an H&M bag, but I had my eyes on it for absolutely ages but didn't buy it because I already way too many bags. But then I found THE LAST ONE in the sale reduced from €25 for €7 AND I had a €5 giftcard so I ended up spending €2 on it!


SEE YOU TOMORROW BITCHES!

No comments:

Post a Comment