Thursday 24 January 2013

Oriental Prince In The Land Of Soup

 
Yesterday I went to London with my housemate Daisy. After a few hours of snowy shopping in Camden Town, we decided to go and drink some orange juice in Pret A Manger to get away from the cold for a bit. A man came in, and I saw him from behind and thought 'what an interesting-looking festive coat he's wearing'. Then he turned around, and I saw his nose and realised it was NOEL BLOODY FIELDING! Now you have to realise that this wasn't just a case of spotting a random celebrity, I am FUCKING LOVE Noel Fielding. I have annoyed literally everyone I know by constantly imitating Mighty Boosh characters, I have once taken a picture of Noel Fielding to the hairdressers to get my hair cut exactly like his, I have folder on my computer called 'Fashion Inspiration' and roughly 80% of it is pictures of Noel Fielding. I went to see his art exhibition in Maison Bertaux in Soho a few years ago and wanted to stay there the whole day in case he showed up. Whenever I try to write something funny, I watch a few episodes of the Mighty Boosh first in the hope of soaking up even one percent of their genius. If I had to name one person who has inspired me the most it would probably be him. So while he was looking at the different soups Pret had to offer, I went up to him, tapped him on his shoulder and said 'You're Noel Fielding. I... am a big fan.' He shook my hand, and then Daisy's, and then I asked if we could take a picture. Which we did. And then he GAVE US BOTH A KISS ON THE CHEEK, NOT JOKING.


Unfortunately/luckily it didn't occur to me to initiate the soup crimp (which would have been totally appropriate since he was LOOKING AT SOUP) or make a lame Old Gregg joke. And maybe, JUST MAYBE some of his amazingness rubbed off on my cheek with that kiss

No comments:

Post a Comment