Wednesday 23 January 2013

Three (slightly ridiculous) films that changed my life. Kind of.

 1. Almost Famous
 

I saw this film when I was 16. And then I wanted nothing but to run away with a band. As a combination of Penny Lane and the journalist boy. I quoted this film constantly to everyone ('You don't even KNOW Frank Barselona!') and in the next few years I went on a million rock 'n roll adventures to see my favourite bands, hoping to get my Almost Famous moment. Of course a true band-aid never reveals her on-the-road secrets on her blog, but that moment when you can truly, honestly say 'I'm with the band'? Best feeling in the world ;)

2. Velvet Goldmine


 This film has everything that I like in it. Glamrock. Weird 70s outfits. Glitter. Oscar Wilde quotes. Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Ewan McGregor wearing make-up. Gay sex. I can not think of a more aesthetically pleasing movie. The best thing about it is that you can write academic essays about all the potential hidden meanings and interpretations of the dream sequences, but you can also masturbate to it while wearing glitter platform heels.

3. Rocky Horror Picture Show


 Doesn't need any explanation. I watched this, and then I understood the universe. Don't dream it, be it. Also I went to this RHPS participation night in Paris and during Toucha Toucha Touch Me, they guy who played Riff-Rff pulled me on stage then the whole cast humped me from every direction and made me pretend to give Frank N Furter a blowjob. WHEN DOES THAT EVER HAPPEN TO ANYONE? I tell you, this is an important film to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment