Friday 1 February 2013

My face needed a change

This has been the week in which I've changed two significant things about my face. One thing has disappeared, and one thing has returned.


What has returned is my straight fringe. I had been entirely unsatisfied about my hair for the past few weeks, it was just never right and I even started to think that perhaps the magic of the top knot had worn off and I'd need to find a new signature do. But luckily I realised in time that all I needed was some scissor action. (Haha lesbian sex joke) I think my face somehow looks thinner now that the long asymmetrical fringe isn't framing my cheeks so much.

BUT WHAT HAVE I GOT RID OF BESIDES 3 INCHES OF HAIR?


 Lip piercing. I got it done when I was 19, my parents were on holiday and I went to the tattoo parlour with my friend Florien who was getting a butterfly tattooed on her wrist. I'd been toying with the idea of getting my lip pierced for a while, and decided to just go ahead and get it done while I was there anyway. It hurt like an absolute motherbitch and I had to rinse my mouth with listerine every time I ate for about 2 weeks. For the first few years I was really enthusiastic about the piercing, I bought a huge amount of different jewellery for it like several different coloured 'diamonds', and I remember having a plastic rainbow heart (dubious to be honest) and a yin-yang ball on it sometimes. But then I kind of forgot that it was there, I mean I still touched it with my tongue a millions times a day (once you start doing that you can NEVER unlearn it) but I never really thought about it at all. A few days ago I had a conversation with Cécile about piercings and said 'you can always take them out if you don't like them anymore'. Mere seconds after saying it, I realised that the time had come to part with mine.

I will start February afresh, with a new face. Well, not entirely new obviously. More like face 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment