Sunday 20 January 2013

Snow Far Snow Good


It snowed. It snowed so much the entire country just closed for the weekend. There were no trains running between Brighton and Southampton whatsoever, cruelly preventing Cécile and me from spending the weekend together. Because I have handed in all of my essays and there is still another week before the next semester starts, this left me with a frightening amount of time of 'not really much to do actually'. I always long for free time so much when I'm busy but then when I actually get it I look at pictures of famous album covers with kittens instead of people while watching The Jeremy Kyle Show at the same time. But not this week, this week I will do things that are fun, interesting and stimulating. Such as:

- Crochet an owl cushion.


 Yes I realise this is a bag but I want a cushion. It will actually be nothing like this photo, but talking about DIY project without photos is boring. I have already started working on it and it might turn out awesome, potentially. Will post pictures when it's done which should be soonish if I don't get sidetracked. Also crocheting is awesome and not lame at all.

- Write something on this blog everyday. I will post something everyday Monday until Sunday. And it has to be something that is actually somewhat interesting.

- Prepare really well for the next semester. I will get all the books. And have a look at them before the first lecture. And get separate notebooks for each of the modules. If I go into the semester well-prepared it will be so much easier to actually do all the work and not think 'fuck it' halfway through and end up having to do an insane amount of work at the end. I say this before every new semester but that doesn't mean that this time I couldn't actually do it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment